Categories
SOUTHERN AFRICA

Nearly a million going hungry in conflict-hit Mozambique, U.N. says [Video]

Almost one million people face severe hunger in northern Mozambique, where hundreds of thousands have fled Islamist militant attacks, the United Nations food agency said on Tuesday. #News #Reuters #Mozambique #UnitedNationsFoodAgency #Famine #HungerSubscribe: http://smarturl.it/reuterssubscribeReuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ReutersFollow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ReutersFollow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en

Categories
CENTRAL AFRICA

One in three people critically hungry in DR Congo, says UN | World Food Programme report | WION News [Video]

A record 27.3 million people in the Democratic Republic of Congo are facing acute hunger, one-third of the violence-wracked central African country’s population, two UN agencies warned on Tuesday.#WorldFoodProgramme #DRC #HungerNewsAbout Channel: WION -The World is One News, examines global issues with in-depth analysis. We provide much more than the news of the day. Our aim to empower people to explore their world. With our Global headquarters in New Delhi, we bring you news on the hour, by the hour. We deliver information that is not biased. We are journalists who are neutral to the core and non-partisan when it comes to the politics of the world. People are tired of biased reportage and we stand for a globalised united world. So for us the World is truly One. Please keep discussions on this channel clean and respectful and refrain from using racist or sexist slurs as well as personal insults.Subscribe to our channel at https://goo.gl/JfY3NICheck out our website: http://www.wionews.comConnect with us on our social media handles:Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WIONewsTwitter: https://twitter.com/WIONewsFollow us on Google News for latest updatesZee News:- https://bit.ly/2Ac5G60Zee Bussiness:- https://bit.ly/36vI2xaDNA India:- https://bit.ly/2ZDuLRYWION: https://bit.ly/3gnDb5JZee News Apps : https://bit.ly/ZeeNewsApps

Categories
CENTRAL AFRICA

Italian ambassador died in gun battle in Democratic Republic of Congo [Video]

For story suggestions or custom animation requests, contact tips@nextanimation.com.tw. Visit http://archive.nextanimationstudio.com to view News Direct’s complete archive of 3D news animations.RESTRICTIONS: Broadcast: NO USE JAPAN, NO USE TAIWAN Digital: NO USE JAPAN, NO USE TAIWANItalian Ambassador to the Democratic Republic of Congo Luca Attanasio was in a World Food Programme convoy with six other people when they were ambushed on February 22, 2021.According to France 24, which cites the office of Congolese President Felix Tshisekedi, six assailants, armed with five AK-47s and a machete, forced the convoy to stop by firing warning shots.The assailants forced those in the vehicles to get out and shot dead one of the drivers, identified by the WFP as Moustapha Milambo, to ensure the rest complied.The assailants then forced the others — four WFP workers, the ambassador, and his bodyguard, Italian carabiniere Vittorio Iacovacci — to follow them into the bush.At this point a DRC army unit and park rangers responded and a gun battle ensued.Italian prosecutor Alberto Pioletti told CNN Ambassador Attanasio and his bodyguard Iacovacci were hit by two bullets each.Pioletti said the two died in a gunbattle, and were not killed execution-style, as had previously been reported.RUNDOWN SHOWS:1. Location of the attack on a map2. Italian Ambassador Luca Attanasio’s convoy en route to a WFP school feeding program3. Six assailants stop the convoy by firing warning shots4. Assailants force those in the convoy to get out of their vehicles, kill driver5. Assailants march the rest of the convoy toward the bush6. DRC soldiers and park rangers engage assailants in a gun battleVOICEOVER (in English): “Italian Ambassador to the Democratic Republic of Congo Luca Attanasio was in a World Food Programme convoy with six other people when they were ambushed on February 22, 2021.””The convoy was traveling next to the border with Rwanda and Virunga National Park, near the regional capital of Goma, en route to a WFP school feeding program.””According to France 24, which cites the office of Congolese President Felix Tshisekedi, six assailants, armed with five AK-47s and a machete, forced the convoy to stop by firing warning shots.” “The assailants forced those in the vehicles to get out and shot dead one of the drivers, identified by the WFP as Moustapha Milambo, to ensure the rest complied.””The assailants then forced the others — four WFP workers, the ambassador, and his bodyguard, Italian carabiniere Vittorio Iacovacci — to follow them into the bush.””At this point a DRC army unit and park rangers responded and a gun battle ensued.” “Italian prosecutor Alberto Pioletti told CNN Ambassador Attanasio and his bodyguard Iacovacci were hit by two bullets each.” “Iacovacci died at the scene. Attanasio died on his way to the hospital.”SOURCES: CNN, France 24, SABC, The East African, Rassegna – Today, WFPhttps://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/25/africa/italian-ambassador-death-gun-battle-intl/index.htmlhttps://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/tea/rest-of-africa/-death-of-italy-s-envoy-in-dr-congo-attack-what-we-know-3304064https://www.sabcnews.com/sabcnews/un-condemns-attack-on-world-food-programme-convoy-in-eastern-drc/https://www.today.it/rassegna/luca-attanasio.htmlhttps://www.wfp.org/news/information-update-democratic-republic-congo-security-incident***—————————————-­­—————————————­-­—————-Next Animation Studio’s News Direct service provides daily, high-quality, informative 3D news animations that fill in for missing footage and help viewers understand breaking news stories or in-depth features on science, technology, and health.Sign up for a free trial of News Direct’s news animations at http://newsdirect.nextanimationstudio.com/trial/To subscribe to News Direct or for more info, please visit:http://newsdirect.nextanimationstudio.com

Categories
EAST AFRICA

UN 2021 Hunger Report Identifies Yemen, South Sudan, Nigeria as the Most Acute Food-Insecure [Video]

Marwa Awad, Spokesperson for the UN’s World Food Programme in South Sudan speaks to Kristi Pelzel, Senior International Correspondent with Today News Africa ahead of the 2021 UN Food Systems Pre-Summit on the world’s most hungry countries on planet earth. Full Article: https://todaynewsafrica.com/un-hunger-report-identifies-yemen-south-sudan-nigeria-dr-congo-and-ethiopia-as-five-most-acute-food-insecure-countries-on-planet-earth/ Today News Africa is a US-based international news organization focused on US-Africa policy and breaking news. Our goal is to provide truthful and exclusive stories to a diverse audience across North America and the African Continent. Subscribe to our news page at todaynewsafrica.com and Follow us on Twitter & Instagram @todaynewsafrica